Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Man's Weekend VI

Being the Man Olympics games official, I have some things that must be discussed and voted on:

  1. Lets make sure me get the winners of the Man Olmpics Right. Who won and what year and did they get a trophy or not. Is this correct: 1st year JDL won, 2nd year no games, 3rd year Landon (who created the Duke), 4th year JDL, 5th year NUMNUTS
  2. Kevin will you make the T-shirts? Bobby head printed them last year and I can get the design of last year to you. I think we should just replace the face and I think we should replace it with Teddy Roosevelt. Kevin you get bonus points for doing the T-shirt. You can also do a new one if you want.
  3. THE Games: (ones with asterisk beside them are definitely going to be done, the rest should be critiqued and voted on)
  • Greatest Mustache *
  • Completion of 30 days to a better man *
  • Log Toss *
  • Rock Toss *
  • Eating contest of a certain food, just for 1 hour
  • Guns
  • Quiz Event *
  • Design T-shirt for next year (this could be something you bring to Man's Weekend)
  • Wall Sits or Bow n Tows
  • Bow and Arrows or throwing stars/axes (we would find something to throw at targets)
  • Pissing Contest *
  • Bonus for jumping in the river
  • Creative Rap/Song for WOM
  • Hold Breath Underwater in the Tub
  • Biggest Pile of body hair created at the weekend.
  • Relay *
  • Best Belch (you only have one chance)
  • Most Manly Story from 2009
4. Brandon will be bringing a pipe collection for us all to smoke.
5. Justin, Andrew, and Landon prepare for worship Sunday morning.
6. I also thing we should have the manly gift exchange! $20 dollar limit - We will vote on the most manly gift which will factor in to the winner of the Duke.

Let the thoughts begin and decision be made

22 comments:

Andrew said...

I won the Duke one year. I don't believe Landon has.

Carmen said...

Andrew won it the year before Adam!

Kevin said...

She's right. Andrew won it last time we were at the lake house.

About the t-shirt. I'd hope we would do a new design every year. I'll try to think of something manly and run it by you guys on here.

Adam, who the crap is Bobby Head and how do I reach him?

Andrew said...

He lives next door to my parents. He owns a screen printing business.

The Nunley said...

Sorry Andrew I forgot!

Kevin said...

Adam, send me some info to my email. I don't know him, so I'd rather not look up his home number and have to explain myself. What's his shirt company called?

Kevin said...

Any ideas on shirts?

I was thinking to have the graphic on the front this year. Maybe the back could look like a jersey with WOMIV for the name and 9 for the number? Inside joke like. You with me?

For the front I don't know. I need suggestions.

Brawny said...

We shouldn't switch the I and the V but I like where you are going with the hidden joke. Maybe just have "WOMVI" on the front, and on the back "What's a WOMVI?" with a picture of an Avatar with a stache smoking a pipe.

Kevin said...

i can't find a good pipe and mustache pic, but what about something like this dude on the back: http://bit.ly/97oBiG

Jones said...

Adam, all this looks good, but I have one suggestion. I am poor, and i have three people to support, and we still have a house in Cleveland that has not sold. I would like to suggest that the manly gift receives points by inverse variation. Anyone can use money to obtain a manly gift, points should be awarded to those that used other means to obtain a gift. I say the largest difference in price and manliness gets the points (manliness and price being on a scale from 0-20.

Kevin said...

I don't know what he just said, but I think I'm against the gift giving thing. It isn't Christmas. All I need is guns and meat.

Also, if nobody else chimes in on the t-shirt thing you're getting WOM blouses.

JDL said...

Here's my chime: do we need t-shirts?

Kevin said...

That's a valid question since real men have no need to cover their muscles with something as sissy as cotton. I could go either way on that. I like souvenirs, but I could just as easily bring a few scalps home as a shirt.

Brawny said...

Has anyone smoked a pipe before? I hear there is an art to smoking a pipe.

(to Columbians) Why didn't anyone tell me that Doug worked in the restaurant down the street from me?

Andrew said...

I have smoked a pipe and own my own pipe.

JDL said...

andrew - thats what she said.

The Nunley said...

First off we need a T-Shirt! I think Teddy Roosevelt would be a good picture but so is John L. Sullivan (he is the background for my twitter page.

2nd about the gift I think it should be done, but 20 is limit you can spend, so that means you can spend less and I will let you have 20 bucks Seth if you want to spend money. The gift will be voted on so if it is the best Seth then you will win the points no matter how much you spend.

3rd B call Andrew and get some tips about smoking a pipe and what you need.

4th can we get some thoughts about the games? Any we need to eliminate? Or modify? Plus a Man Counsel will get together on Tuesday at 6:30 to finalize games in Nashville (not sure where but I can meet around that time) if you can be there.

Kevin said...

Yes, John L Sullivan is the guy in the link I put up there. And since Adam is ADHD:

*SNAP* ADAM! LOOK HERE!

Are you not going to email me some info on the shirt guy? What's his place called? I'd rather not call him at his home number since I don't know the guy.

Andrew said...

For smoking a pipe you need the following:
1) a pipe
2) tobacco
3) fire
4) breathing human being

JDL said...

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/10/14/a-pipe-smoking-primer/

Kevin said...

Andrew, what is that guys shirt company called?

The Nunley said...

Southern Promotions!