Monday, December 10, 2007

Cool Things of Life, Part 2


Since I am addicted to HD television I often check out some random programs. A few weeks ago I came across the Iconoclasts series that is on Sundance channel. Basically they capture two famous people from different professions and film their conversations and hanging out for a few days. It seems that the matches often have some sort of history together as well. The episode that I watched was Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam and surfer Laird Hamilton. The two guys surf together in Hawaii and Laird goes to California to watch one of Vedder's shows. I love how Eddie Vedder's voice when he talks is exactly like when he sings. He has some wierd earthy beliefs but it is cool to hear him talk about life and surfing. Laird is just straight up ripped. I didn't know that you needed to be that ripped to surf but it can't hurt. Having Gabrielle Reece as a wife and living in Maui can't be too tough either.





Laird Hamilton Trivia - Was Kevin Costner's stunt double in Waterworld (my favorite movie that critics hammered). Appeared in the opening scene of the Bond movie Die Another Day.

13 comments:

RD said...

I'm watching Waterworld right now on AMC. I'll keep a lookout for Laird.

Aaron said...

Ross, Good conversating with you tonight via the comments. Foo Fighters are coming to Memphis in January if you haven't heard... i forget if you like them or not. I need to rent waterworld this week. I love that film...Dennis Hopper=classic!!!

RD said...

Thanks for the heads up with the Foo. It would be an awesome show, I might need check it out. I need to find somebody to go with.....Andrew??

Dennis Hopper's glass eye = tasteful/artistic

JDL said...

I never liked that movie. It always seemed a little too out there for me.

I mean, I would love to be able to pee into a machine and then be able to drink it as much as the next guy.

I bet the pee machine repairmen demanded a pretty steep fee. Did the machine also cool the beverage? That would be of most importance.

JDL said...

Did this machine exist in the movie, or am I taking crazy pills?

Andrew said...

Deb from Napoleon Dynamite is the little girl in that movie.

I don't think she drinks her pee-pee in either movie.

Andrew said...

But along the same (main) vein as that, check out this story.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=51786

RD said...

JD, that movie did exist in the movie.

I actually made one in real life. It has three flavor settings: Coffee, Orange Gatorade, and Mint Tea. The filter is a bitch to clean, but totally worth it.

Andrew didn't even realize where the coffee came from last time he was over to eat.

Jones said...

I saw an interview with Kevin Cosner (Is that the guy in Water Worls? If not please excuse my comment) where the reporter asked him if it was hard to recover from the failure "Waterworld". He said it was the hardest 150 million grossing failure he ever dealt with. Classic.

The Nunley said...

I want gills and a pee machine. Aaron I would also like your address. Andrew I have a post dedicated to you coming soon. Be prepared.

UNtil THen

Andrew said...

Bring it.

Red said...

It's funny, HD to me is still Nunley's crotch on someone's face or shoulder. Foo Fighters? Yeah they are pretty sweet, but I'm kind of partial to Wee Sing Silly Songs.

Thanks for all the comments on my coming child, or boy. Aaron, thanks you for your comments on the home birth. I think that whole idea is ridiculous and have always been successful in talking Kandice out of it, I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Hey, President's Day?.....Did we come to a conclusion?

Andrew said...

Adam was going to check with the grandparents to see if the cabin was available.

Any word, Adam?

I'm still down with President's Day. Landon, if you could hurry Kandice's gestation period along, she could come and have the baby at Man's Weekend.