Sunday, December 9, 2007

Cool Things of Life

Not to rain on Landon's awesome news (if you don't know what it is please read the next post) but I have a little extra time since I am on vacation and I wanted to share some stuff that I had wanted to post on here for a while. Actually nothing important just some random thoughts...



I have been a Foo Fighters fan for quite some time now and always loved their dicotomy of rock and acoustic tunes, sometimes mixed into the same track (ex. February Stars). I love that I can listen to half of CD while I am getting buff at the gym and the other half I while I am sipping on a High Life during a Missouri sunset. Their only album that I have owned was "The Colour and The Shape" which is one of my top 5 all time albums.

Well a couple weeks ago I was flipping through my HD channels and noticed that their accoustic concert "Skin and Bones" was in stunning 1080i. I only got to see a couple songs at that time but I was mesmerized and DVR'd the entire show for later viewing. The setlist for the show is the same as the album with the same name. (Check it out on itunes). I have come away from the show with realizing that Dave Grohl is a freaking musical genious!!! He played drums for Nirvana, has lead his own rock band for a decade and now they can pull off an accoustic set!?!

If you have HDNet try to catch it sometime. If you don't rent the DVD or check out some of the album on iTunes. They do lots of the classic stuff and some really cool new things. My favorite songs were... I can't even narrow it down...over half of the stuff on the album I could repeat over and over and continue to enjoy it.


If you have a chance to check it out let me know what you think...






10 comments:

Aaron said...

BTW, what happened to the banner. Did someone change the header height??

MJS said...

I DVR'd that a few weeks ago - it is solid. Everlong rocked and Dave went nuts on Best of You - I'm amazed that he can manage to chew gum during the entire show.

JDL said...

I agree, they do rock.

You can download tracks of them on Rock Band. That's an awesome game.

JDL said...

The banner looks the same to me.

Aaron said...

Oh yeah,chewing the gum was crazy. I wonder if it gives him his signature sound???

Kevin said...

If it had been Collective Soul, Brandon would comment.

By the way I saw MJS helping out a lady at Chikfila the other day. He was jumping her car off. She then turned into Hera Queen of Olympus and said, "You've passed the test". Everybody ate free at Chikfila that day!

MJS said...

Thanks Kev - it's my duty as a member of "Who's Who in Sumner County" to jump stalled cars, help old ladies cross the street, and defend the county from flying dragons. And where was this free Chickfila - if I go back and present my jumper cables, will I get a free milkshake?

Kevin said...

Prices and participation may vary. See store for details.

RD said...

"Big Me" is awesome. I heard it on Pandora Radio, which is an internet site that plays streaming music based on the artists you like. I typed Jack Johnson and this was one of the songs that was picked by the program. It was awesome.

Andrew said...

Dave Grohl and David Ott look strikingly alike.