Thursday, October 18, 2007

Viera and Me

Well, it's Thursday morning in the Big Apple. D-Day plus one.

It's been a long, stressful, fun week. Yesterday was nerve-racking, sweaty, and fun.

Here's the abridged version. Got to ABC at 6:00 in the morning. I didn't have to there until 7:00, but you know what they say, "The early bird catches the million dollars." Luckily, I saw one of the 2 million Starbucks in NYC and went and got a coffee. I meandered back to ABC and they let us in at 7:00.

They took us to the green room where we would spend most of the day. BTW, the green room isn't green. They fed us breakfast and then a lawyer came in to warn us off all the bad things we were not allowed to do....

Side Note: Gentlemen, it is VERY IMPORTANT that no one knows the outcome of my show. Through the powers of deductive reasoning from Justin and Aaron's posts you can figure out how I did, but please tell NOBODY and make sure your wives tell NOBODY. I had to sign a nondisclosure document that stated if I told anyone how I did...they could not pay me!! Don't mess with my money, fools!!!

And we're back...Then a producer came in and went through pretty much everything the lawyer said. (Refer to Side Note above) Then they took us down to the studio and we practiced walking in and getting into the chair, getting out of the chair and walking out. And then it was hurry up and wait...and wait...and wait...

My biggest worry was that I wouldn't tape yesterday. There was a chance that I was going to have to come back next Tuesday (which would be very difficult). Fortunately, I was one of the first ones. They called me down and put me on the "on deck" circle. I could go at any moment....and then we broke for lunch.

When we got back from lunch, it was my turn. I walked out there and saw Laura (for the first time that day) and then there she was...Viera. We sat down, chatted a little bit, and then it was business time (because it was Wednesday). I cruised through the first few questions...stumbled a bit on the next few questions...kept going...and then I was slain by a freaking French question. I mean, come on, the bloody French!?!?! I called Justin with an impossible question... Justin asked Viera, "What's up?" The crowd and Viera laughed. Well played, Justin.

And then the game may or may not have ended, if you see what I'm saying. The phrase I'm using is, "It was a good day, but not a great day." Thanks to all for your thought, prayers, availability, etc. I talk to all of you soon.

P.S. Seriously, no can know the outcome of my show.

18 comments:

MJS said...

I know a good accountant if you need some assistance. An accountant who is require by law not to tell or else he loses his license...and a finger.

The Nunley said...

You Andrew are my hero. Do you think they liked you enough that you might get your sitcom because you were so cool and stuff. If the Answer is yes then I would love a guest appearance on your show, so that it could be my big break. I love you and I am proud.

UNtil THen,

Kevin said...

I thought I was on the call list. I thought they gave you 10 slots for friends which would have been plenty for all the Edna guys and Linda and Perry Mason. Anyways, I'm sure you had an awesome trip and you probably got to visit enough places that it would have been worth it even if you weren't going to be on a show.

PS. I took a year of French...just saying.

JDL said...

I'm going to get on the show now, and avenge your early departure. I hate FRENCH. Freedom Fries all the way!

Unknown said...

Freedom FRIES Rule!

UNtil THen,

RD said...

So the lady at ECS didn't transfer the call right when Andrew tried to call. There would have been a lot of knowledge to help him out. To properly pay back this receptionist I have done the following:

Slashed her tires and the tires of her three sisters

Lit her cat on fire and hung it from the mailbox

Called her to tell her she was positive for rabies and they don't have anymore vaccine

I hope this will help avenge you Andrew.

The Nunley said...

I love how I check the blog like every 5 - 10 minutes and there is always more hits than when I got on last. Showing that others are checking it just wait for someone to post something so I can read it and laugh.

UNtil THend,

Andrew said...

Yes, I was informed that the receptionist (Melissa Duggan) transferred the call to the incorrect place.

From now on, when someone makes a mistake that potentially screws you over, it will be called "Pulling a Duggan".

I will also use the name "Duggan" in lieu of Seinfeld's "Newman."

Jones said...

Andrew, you are also my hero. I have always dreamed of being chosen to play on a game show. I can not wait to watch it. I would like to post something on the blog, but I have no idea how to post. I feel like one of the 80 year old teachers at the school that asks me to check their email for them every day. Please help.

Andrew said...

Who the H is this?

Andrew said...

Oh wait, is this Seth Jones!?!?!? Welcome to the blog!!!

You have to have Justin or Aaron make you a contributor. We just figured that since you didn't have electricity or running water, you wouldn't have access to this thing anyway.

JDL said...

The Hooded one!

Aaron said...

Seth, welcome to the blog. You are on the internet!!! Did you have to plug a phone line into your type writter and then hook it up to your TV to get online???

i need your email address if you want to post.

Jones said...

I am on the internet! I figured a way to hook my computer up to Jennifer's treadmill. I also rigged my wood stove to produce wireless internet service along with piping hot heat. I can get online for about 30 minutes until Jennifer's sweat starts to get on the keyboard. The good news is, If this thing is as addictive as you say she will win the Music City Marathon next year. sjones@clevelandschools.org is my email, hook me up.

Red said...

Andrew, let me just say that you have done something most will only dream of and for that you should be proud, but humble at the same time.

Well done, Stacy.

JDL said...

Seth,
Let me know if you didn't get that invite again. Your junk e-mail folder may be catching it or something.

The Nunley said...

I must welcome you too, Seth "O Mighty Hooded One" Jones.

UNtil THen,

RD said...

Wow. Seth good to have you.

The circle is complete.