Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Final Countdown!

That means the day is here. It's time to put Andrew in the Hot Seat, and win a Million dollars. I just had a conference call with someone from the show and all the lifelines. The rules are as follows:

- He will be on today anytime between 11-6:30 p.m. Central time. So I have to be at my phone during these times.
- We will get a call when Andrew gets into the Hot Seat, just to let us know.
- Once he uses the lifeline, we are supposed to let the phone ring three times, and answer saying "Hello" (seemed pretty obvious, but I guess it needed to be said)
- Meredith will come on and do her thing, then the 30 second clock starts as soon as Andrew starts talking. She told us to not have any chit-chat, as this limits your time to answer.
- Once we're done with the question or the 30 seconds runs out, the call will be disconnected from him, but someone else will come on the line (don't know why, maybe I'll get to listen to the rest of the show, hopefully)





I'm keeping an up-to-date run down of today's events. Check back for more updates as the day goes on. Aaron, if you have anything to add, please do.

UPDATE: 45 minutes into it, and I am really nervous. No calls from them yet to let me know he's in the seat. I can imagine how much Andrew is sweating. He has a bit of a problem. I have Google, Wikipedia and Yahoo answers pulled up. Anything else I should use?

UPDATE from Aaron @ University of Missouri Hospital 6th floor West. It's 12:02 central time (1:02 for andrew)


Still nothing since the above mentioned phone call. The call came from the Two-One-Two area code. I did kind of panic a little bit when the call came. The best part of the conference call was when it was dead silence waiting for all parties to be patched in and I was sending an email to Justin asking him if they were calling him, when I hear a very quiet voice whispering on the phone "hey aaron...it's justin...what's up" There were two females that are also on the phone a friend list. Linda (is that his Mom? I can't remember.) and some other girl. Does anyone know of the identity of these two ladies and what is their base of knowledge.

I have talked to the unit clerks and given them explicit directions that they are to page me as soon as Meredith is on the phone. I am crossing my fingers that all goes smoothly if I am called upon. Right now I am heading downstairs to the residents lounge for a quick sandwich and hurrying back up to be ready for the million dollar question.



UPDATE: Justin @ 1:24 pm CST
I just broke away from my desk to use the bathroom, I had to go so bad. I didn't miss any calls though, so we're still good. 5 hours to go. I wish I could have a pizza delivered to my desk.

UPDATE: Justin @ 2:50 pm CST
I just got the call, Andrew just started the game. The next call will be from Meredith. This is INTENSE!

UPDATE: Justin @ 3:15 pm CST
I just got the call from "Vierra" as she called herself. The question was: A Canape, a finger food, is a french word that also means what? (something like that)
So I google it, it takes me to Wikipedia, but its the article about the finger food. I'm scanning the finger food article, because I'm thinking its gonna mention it. Then it's 10 seconds, 5 seconds. I say that I see see something about a Canopy, but no furniture. Then the line goes dead. As soon as the line goes dead, I click this, and it shows you that it's a sofa. DANG IT! So that was it. I didn't help him at all. I hope he didn't lose because of me, but that was the fastest 30 seconds of my life. I feel pretty awful about the whole thing. I really let him down. I hope he used the 50/50 or ask the audience, STUPID GOOGLE!


UPDATE: Aaron @ 5:25 pm So this is what a canape looks like.



I sure hope that Andrew will never waste any of his money buying something that looks like!!! Still awaiting word, email, or text message as to how it all turned out, what some of his other questions were, what did he wear, did he get out any Memphis, TTU, or EDNA references.

7 comments:

JDL said...

Linda Stacy, yes. That's the mother. Her questions will revolve around the eating of lemons or the proportional amount of apple butter to apply to toast/biscuits.

The other lady is a friend of Laura's and is a lawyer.

Aaron said...

what happened to the history teacher??? is that her?

Aaron said...

lippy...don't you feel a little bad about even going to the bathroom today, afraid that you will miss the call. Just keep on squeezing.

JDL said...

I have to go now, don't remind me.

JDL said...

I don't know if the teachers were on the call. Maybe they didn't answer or something.

Unknown said...

Good Job Men. Keep up the Good Work. Keep Crackin' Skulls.

UNtil THen,

The Nunley said...

Common Someone please tell me what happened!

UNtil Then,