Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dad of the Year Candidate?

So I had a student do a piss poor job on a presentation today, so I called him out on it via email and cc'd mom and dad (dick move?). Dad responded to son and cc'd me as well. Can't make this stuff up....

Son,

You will sit down with me and your mother and present this assignment to us.   No excuses , it will be done this Saturday.   There are places to be funny and places not to be so I want to see exactly why it was so important for you to do this.   There is NEVER a place to be disrespectful and I believe an apology is in order to your teacher.   So you want to be lazy and funny is my understanding.  Don’t worry, I’ll still love you.    I however won’t lend you money when you’re working at McDonalds because no one will give you a job.    Maybe you can tell your friends a joke when you serve them their chicken Mcnuggets as they drive off in their Mustangs they earned by applying themselves in school.    I’m tired of punishing you.  I’m just disappointed in all the love and time your mother and I are wasting on your potential.  You’re incredibly smart but also incredibly lazy.  If that’s what you want to be in life, just tell us.  Your mother and I can take all this money we’re wasting on you and take that vacation to Europe we’ve always wanted but can’t since we’re trying to be good parents and prepare you for life.  If your choice of a job is a lazy comedian then eventually it will be your choice.  We can’t make you be a doctor or an engineer.   You will always be smart.  However, it looks like you’re going to be poor also.  Maybe uncle Greg can sell  you a cheap trailer.  I’ll tell him to save you one that only has a few rats.   You think I’m being funny…….I’ll bring you one day and show you what life gives to funny , lazy DISRESPECTFUL people.

May I take your order,


Dad

21 comments:

Kevin said...

is the kid doing better now?

The Nunley said...

WOW! Ouch...

The Nunley said...

B is going to come down with us Andrew.

Andrew said...

Sweet. It'll be like old times (old times=last year). I have to drive since I'll be heading back to BR from the cabin. If y'all can secure a ride back, you can ride with me. Are we leaving after work on Thursday? Where can we meet up? Brandons house followed by random stops at liquor stores looking for Scrumpys?

Andrew said...

Still waiting on the final word from Kevin. Maybe he can be yalls ride back.

Kevin?

Kevin said...

Having a hard time deciding if I'm bringing my motorcycle or not.

What time are you guys leaving Thursday night?

Red said...

Have you guys seen the dad that shot his daughter's laptop with a 45? That's what the letter reminds me of. Aaron, do you know when you will be flying in and where? I'll be in Nashville area around 3 on Friday. What are your thoughts on breakfast? Email me, let's blow all the other meals out of the river.

Aaron said...

I'm going to be driving now. I'll probably get to the lake mid-afternoon friday. Landon - I'll email you about food.

ALL- I think we should quickly nominate films for the Man's Weekend Film Festival. Or we can just have a walking dead marathon.

ALL- What kind of entertainment are we doing this year? Anyone have anything planned?

ALL- Who drinks whiskey?

Kevin said...

I'm down for some Walking Dead. If anybody can get a copy of Wild Wonderful Whites of West Virginia that'd be awesome.

Andrew, you lied. There ain't no Walmart around there except in Waverly. B, we're gonna have to make a stop for all my weekend snacks because Andrew makes up Walmarts.

Andrew said...

Whiskey? I've never had just whiskey, but if I was to start, it'd be with a doctor.

Entertainment planned? Oh, not much. Waking up to a crisp winter morn and stepping outside to see a crane glide peacefully over the river's surface to snatch a fish for breakfast. A day of masculine attempts to achieve the lofty goal of winner of The Golden Duke. The crackling of a nighttime fire as friends circle up over some brew as they imbibe the year's events with their brothers. (Ross, if you are crying right now, I am sorry.)

Walking Dead? If a zombie apocalypse were to occur this weekend, we'd be in the perfect spot to survive it. Is anyone else besides me on Team Shane? I love that dude.

Walmart lying? I never said that there was a Walmart right next to Loretta Lynn's Country Kitchen. B can attest to the existence of the Walmart for he was there last year. Do we have to drive a little bit through small, backwards towns to get there? Sure we do. It's part of the pre-WOM festivities. You stop at any other store and you will lose your pre-WOM attendance manlympic bonus points. You too, B, if you don't stop him.

Kevin said...

But any goods sold in Bucksnort are OK.

B don't forget to email me your address. I'm not gonna knock on every single woman in Inglewood's door to find you. Also, don't forget your horseshoes.

Kevin said...

Why hasn't Seth said anything? He's probably on his cell phone...which he is not allowed to bring this year.

Jones said...

If you want to eat breakfast on Saturday morning then you must click this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGVIbnNNU2xsblhiODNKT1J2RGJyR3c6MQ

Kevin, I hope another raccoon had the unfortunate luck to fall asleep on the dock just before a flood. This will be the only way you get breakfast.

Kevin said...

How many points is that?

Andrew said...

More than you would get in any strength event.

JDL said...

Entertainment: I nominate Air Guitar Nation. I haven't seen it, but it looks great, and follows the documentary theme we have been following.

If not, I have several that can be streamed from a laptop. Just need to bring the necessary cables.

Landon, are you going to be riding with Seth and I?

JDL said...

Everyone, Seth left Fromunda cheese off the burrito ingredient list.

Andrew said...

Adam's ps3 is shot, so we need another source for anything like DVDs or anything.

Kevin said...

somebody needs to go buy a ps3

also, how are we going to stream something with no hi-speed internet? If you say 4G or 3G you are going to get beaten.

Aaron said...

can someone email me the address?

RD said...

Men,
So great to see you all preparing for the weekend!
I will be missing you by one week. I got the job in Memphis and will be driving back next week. Everyone have a great time!

Andrew,
Yes I'm crying over the thought of you all drinking whiskey around a crackling fire. Nothing but jealousy! I am however glad I won't be watching "The Walking Dead".... zombies could happen.