Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thoughts about Man's Weekend...

Seth and I were blasting our pecs today and talking about the gathering of manliness. Here's a few thoughts I had:
- Regarding meals, can different groups prepare different meals? Like if you did Saturday dinner, you have to do something different this time.
- Adam, I know the games are yours this year, had an idea of having an eating contest or tracking our weights to see who could lose or gain the most weight.
- I think I am going to camp out under the stars this year. If anyone would like to join me, I have room in the tent, as well as access to a second tent.
- Are guns back in this year? I assume so.
- What time will everyone be heading down to Paris?
- Do we have a film picked out this year?

In 30 days, I will be gathered with 8 other manly and burly men, and hopefully some of you will have a moustache. My heart is full to bursting, just like my bladder.

13 comments:

Andrew said...

Happy birthday, Adam.

JDL said...

Adam's birthday party bought me chick-fil-a last night. And because it was family night, we got free ice cream as well. Happy Birthday indeed!

Brawny said...

I don't like this weight contest. My weight hasn't fluctuated more than 5 lbs in 15 years. Does that make me less of a man?

JDL said...

I don't buy that. Those boils were pretty big.

Jones said...

Brandon, while your weight has not fluxuated more than 5 pounds in 15 years I would guess that you have never gone 36 hours without drinking fluid. We are talking about man's weekend, not the curves gym down the road. You have to think radical.

Kevin said...

I've gained about 50 pounds since the first WOM. So...there.

I'm bringing my gun. I have some ammo I need to burn up so I can get some fresh. Hard to get rid of a couple hundred rounds in Gallatin without getting arrested.

I'm all for rotating meal duty.

Don't know about the movie. I don't remember what the TV looked like either. Was there a DVD player? Is someone bringing Rock Band 12?

And if I didn't tell you happy birthday already...happy birthday Adam. I never thought you'd become the man you are now when I first saw you get on the bus to Stand in the Fire wearing your "who farted?" shirt. I am quite impressed.

The Nunley said...

Thank you kevin. More to come about things tomorrow. I am bring ps3 with Rockband and new game which will test the brains for Mans Weekend. I am leaning to no with the weight gain.

Kevin said...

well, bring modern warfare 2 because i've been playing that non-stop for the past 2 weeks.

Andrew said...

You mean Red Alert 2: Mooman's Rules.

Aaron said...

i am definitely down for some red alert. i was thinking about it the other day

JDL said...

Has anyone seen "Man on Wire" yet? really interesting documentary.

Jones said...

I have seen man on wire and it is awesome.

Netflix mentions "Super High Me" as a documentary you would like if you like Man on Wire. It is a guy that smokes as much pot as possible for 30 days and chronicles the outcomes. No joke, looks interesting.

I also mentioned to Justin that we have nothing but meat at every meal for the weekend. I liked the Meatapaloosa of last year, but I think we can take it up a notch.

Kevin said...

If there is a way to get fast internet all up in that house, we can pick from all the Netflix streaming movies and watch them on the TV.