Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Stuff Christians Like

Some of you may have seen this site before, but I just looked at it in detail this morning and its pretty stinking funny.

This post about Upward Basketball reminded me of the greatest three basketball coaches to grace the Upward program in history. Adam and Andrew, what was the really skinny kids name that never scored? Do any of you still have our team picture? I think I tossed it.

I think the strangest part of our team was that Mitchell started hanging out with Mark Lamb EVERY SINGLE DAY. Go figure.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Do you all remember the kid on my team that would get so excited and worked up that he would barf? It happened at least 2 times before his mom made him stop eating and drinking anything before. I remember one time when he felt it coming up and I rushed him to the bathroom. He tried to cover his mouth to prevent it from coming out but instead it shot sideways like water shooting out of a hose when you put your finger over the end.

During the next timeout the other kids on the team said that we should have him stand under the goal because he smelled of vomit and the other team would not want to stand around him.

More of my upward memories later. I give you a white star, Justin, for this post.

JDL said...

I remember him, I actually thought about that while I was writing.

Upward Basketball, its fan-tastic!

Kevin said...

My nephew plays Upward and since he's only 6, they get little armbands that are a certain color and they have to guard the kid on the other team with the matching armband. It's a great idea.

Kevin said...

Also, guys if you would pray for my mom and dad. They laid off several people last week at his work. This week they had to cut 15 more and he was one of them. He's seems a bit down, but he knows it will all work out. He was there probably 10 years. Just pray that God will continue to provide for them like He always has and that they won't worry about anything.