Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Neck tans and Ticks

Ok, its time. The post is here.
I have a new job, and have had one for the past 3 weeks, and I enjoy it.

I'm working for Wynnecrest Landscaping, in the Mowing division. Basically, I do weed-eating and blowing (grass) a majority of the time, but I have run some of the mowers. We mow in Laurelbrooke (home to Mike Reinfeldt, General Manager to the Titans and a lot of other rich people) Carronbridge and the Enclave, all of which are Southern Land Company developments.

Some of these houses are SICKENING. There's one that is currently in the the middle of a $9 million ADDITION. I've been meaning to get some pictures but haven't yet. I will say that we cut Troy Gentry's grass, and he is a nice guy. I have encountered lots of ticks, but no Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain spotted fever (although if I had to go out, I'd pick RMSF. It would look good on a headstone) And I have never had this tan of a neck before. Check it out:



One fun thing about the job is that my mind wanders all day long. On Monday, I started singing:
"We're the members of the All-American league, We come from cities near and far, We've got Canadians, Irish ones and Swedes, We're all for one, we're one for all, we're all Americans!"
Yes, I was singing the women's theme song from A League of Their Own.


Sorry for the underwear, parental discretion is advised.

As far as the departure from Dell, I'll say it was long overdue. Much like Michael Keaton in "Mr. Mom" I felt really good about being unemployed. I have had a few interviews, but nothing has come of those yet. Andrew, send me the contact for the FBI. I mean, I could be Jack Bauer. I just took a personality test on 48Days.com and here's some of the recommended careers:
Homemaker
Flight attendant
Theologian
Performing artist
Scholar
Playwright
Philosopher

Apparently this test thinks I'm a genius or a woman. Go figure.

2 comments:

RD said...

I can see you as a flight attendant with those good looking neck scarves and short skirts. Meoww!

Brawny said...

Mowing can be fun. Just don't mow Country Hills golf course. It's too scary.

I love the song but we've got to use all this creativity for something more productive. I need business plans. No one likes working for the man.

If you check out the FBI you should look into Secret Service. They have been doing a lot of hiring over the last few years. Forget neck scarves and shorts. I want to see you in aviators and an earpiece. Now, that's hot.