Wednesday, February 13, 2008

May-Day, May-Day!

Last night, on my computer at home I got the Blue Screen of Death and my computer shut down. It restarted but I am unable to access the internet now. Norton keeps giving me this message:

Malicious Script Detected
High Risk
Your Computer is halted and needs to do something about this script.
Object--FileSystem Object
Activity--Get Folder
File--sprtsvc.exe and sprtcmd.exe

Any ideas or should I call Nerd Herd at the Buy More?
Am I on the verge of a crash? Do I have a trojan horse/virus?
I ran my antivirus and it didn't find anything.
Help.

7 comments:

JDL said...

No Red Alert for you!

RD said...

I say you take it to the Nerd Herd at Buy More. While you wait, you should go to Wienerlicious for a dog, I hear the girl that works there is pretty hot.

P.S. Thank you for that reference.

Andrew said...

Kevin?

The Nunley said...

Should have gotten a Mac!

UNtil THen,

Kevin said...

oh really? you lose!

JDL said...

If Norton found a script, it should be able to quarantine it. Kevin could fix it for you, if you weren't in Memphis.

JDL said...

Speaking of Memphis

Aaron, there's even a link to the report in the Journal of Emergency Medicine for you.

It reminds me of ass pennies