Saturday, January 19, 2008

Paddy Doyle

It was an innocent question, "Kandice, what do you think the record for most non stop pushups is?" I guessed a 1,000. Kandice said, " Yeah you know there's some freak out there that can do that." Seeking an answer I realized that some freak had done 10,507 push ups non stop. I also found a new role model, Paddy Doyle. In the spirit of man's weekend please take note of the following fitness challenges Mr. Doyle completed in 18 hours 56 minutes and 9 seconds:

Doyle attempted and completed:
A two mile swim
Weightlifting 300,000 pounds in a single session
A 12-mile run
A 12-mile walk
An 110-mile bike
1,250 press ups (push ups)
3,250 sit-ups and crunches
1,250 star-jumps
20 miles rowing
1,250 standing hip flexors
20 mile cross trainer

He also completed a total of 1.5 million pushups over the course of a year and 660 pushups in one hour, not bad. I'm expecting big things Justin.

5 comments:

RD said...

I was amazed at this information about Mr. Doyle and wanted to make sure this wasn't some wikipedia joke where everyone can add info, like: "Patty Doyle holds 3 world records for number of babies eaten in an hour, day, and week."

Another world record he does have is doing a static wall sit for 4 hours and 40 minutes. Other records include brick, coal, and log carrying. I don't know about log carrying, but I think within our group we would have some world class log droppers in our midst. Just saying.

We should buy his video and watch pieces of it throughout the weekend and incorporate some of his records into our competition.

P.S. Patty Dolye may in fact hold the record for baby eating. I tried to google "baby eating" and didn't find anything about Patty, but I will tell you there are some crazy websites out there.

JDL said...

This guy is a FREAK OF NATURE. He's even competed in the Kumite.

He looks like a chump though. He doesn't look like someone who's done 1,940 backhand pushups in one hour.

More info

JDL said...

Looking at Paddy's records, it appears he had done 586 uppercuts in one minute. I don't think that's humanly possible.

9.76 uppercuts a second for 60 seconds.

Aaron, back me up on this. Is that possible?

Andrew said...

Done 586 uppercuts or absorbed 586 uppercuts?

JDL said...

Performed, if you see what I'm saying.