Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm predicting a City Championship

Men,

Coach Nunley and the Hawkins Commandos started the season off pretty good it seems against cross-town rival Ellis in a scrimmage. The story is in the link below.

http://my.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070815/MICRO060302/308150046/1317

My favorite part is the typo where Coach Nunley claims that his team played pretty "descent".

I'm calling it now. If Hawkins makes it to the 'ship, we're painting our chests for the game.



P.S. Loving the action on the Blog today.

7 comments:

Kevin said...

My favorite part is the typo where Coach Nunley claims that his team played pretty "descent".

Adam, don't waste too much time on this one. The reason it is funny is because they meant to say "decent". Descent actually means "a downward inclination or slope".

JDL said...

Only Nunley would be quoted misspelling a word. Well played, Tennessean. Well played indeed.

JDL said...

andrew, is this your new job?

http://memphis.craigslist.org/zip/397203663.html

Andrew said...

It's actually a new business Ross and I started.

Speaking of Ross, we went to 1 of the 2 (count 'em 2) Flying Saucers in Memphis this past weekend. Good times were had and we both think that all of you need to move to Memphis.

As you can see from the above job posting, employment is readily available

RD said...

The other flying saucer we did not go to is only a 2 minute drive from Andrew's apartment.

Andrew, any update on the cat that lives next door.

I like how you have posted during school hours during one of your many breaks throughout the day. I hope the job is going well.

Nunley, wasn't coach Hendrix the one that got caught banging one of the Ellis teachers? Miss Paisley, I think her name was. I thought they fired him when he knocked her up.

Aaron said...

Nunley - I just want to know how far in the season you are going to wait to bring out the hidden ball play???

Aaron said...

Yes, it will work exceptionally well on the poor lit junior high fields of Sumner County.

I also hope that Nunely is teaching his D-Line the Stacey Shuffle (aka the spin move)to reach the QB for some Brown Bag Sackage.