Friday, February 2, 2007

To all the Loonies from across the land...it is time to unite!!!




Now I know some of you saw my previous post about our beloved Golden Eagles and thought "oh, that would be fun, but it probably won't materialize into anything." Well think again. I am dead serious about making a trip with my beloved wife to Nashville in the early evening of March 2nd to hopefully witness history for the Purple and Gold. Now I know that we have all been a part of many heartbreaks in the past, but when we do finally make it to the NCAA tourney we all should be there (or at least reminisce, have a good time, drink some beer and eat some good food. TTU is currently 10-4 in the OVC and tied for 2nd with Samford (those damn Baptists). We are currently riding a 8 game winning streak and look for nine in a row Saturday night at EKU.

So here is the low down on our position for the OVC tourny. As you probably remember the top 8 out of 11 teams advance to the postseason tourney. On Tues. Feb 27th the top 4 teams host the 5-8th place teams. The winners advance to Nashville for the semi-finals and finals. Tech is looking pretty good for hosting a first round game and unless they screw up, should advance to Nashville. This is where we come in. I think it would be awesome for us ( and our significant or semi-significant others) to tailgate before the game on Friday in the parking lot at the GEC if it is nice. Beer, western dogs, beer, purple ketchup, beer, and lots of games of "catch." The championship game is Saturday afternoon. Possibly some breakfast at someones house upstairs EDNA style. Andrew you bring the eggs, I will bring the hashbrowns...

The only complication of this is the tickets. If we buy tickets in advance (before Feb 20th) they are $10 a piece per game. The whole thing is general admission. If you buy them at the door they are $22. Now that is some crazy economics that might have to be explained by those amongst us with MBA's. So if we decide to do this thing we should probably buy tickets in advance for the semi finals and finals. If something happened and Tech lost in the first round game at home then it would suck and somebody would have to probably go down there and scalp them. Which shouldn't be too hard to do since they would be such a discount.


The Grays representing TTU alums of Western Tennessee have checked our calenders and we are game although we might need a place to crash in Greater Nashville. Jenny actually looks pretty hot in her Loonie shirt :)


Now who else is in??? Can Kevin Garnett be there??? Is he still alive and standing???

5 comments:

Aaron said...

Look at the Gravediggers forearms in that pic. They look like they might break if he shakes his fist at any more refs...

Red said...

I'll see what I can do. My wife is about to pop. I know I am always pulling the baby card these days, but babies are pretty freakin demanding and if you leave your wife with them too much (i.e. Man's weekend, the Masters in April, nine holes on Saturday, dollar drafts tuesday night) things at home can get pretty nasty. I may have to settle for an authentic Western Dog and a quarterfinal game at the Hoop. I'll let you know.

As for the economics of the ticket pricing, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Personally I would have used a tiered approach that might start at $8 and then progress weekly to $20, but not $22, that's just greedy, it's not like were going to see Ben Harper at half-time. By the way, the other night we were driving in my Buick Lesabre listening to my Ipod when my wife said, Hey, we need more Ben Harper on here, to make the night better Jack Johnson played on Austin City Limits, it was like a flash back to 2002.

Kevin said...

Did somebody say Kevin? Carmen and I are in, although if I can even find my Loonies shirt, she'll be the one wearing it because...well, it was tight on me then and it's for danged sure gonna be tight now with my extra poundage.

JDL said...

I should be there, with my SO. My loonie shirt also will not fit, and Katie could wear it as a dress.

Aaron said...

Does anybody else get blog comments sent to their email??? Just curious. What ever did happen to Kevin Garnett??? I really have no idea. We sure did get lots of miles out of him.