Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hoops, the Hoop, and Lee Wray



Tech is playing down in the San Juan Shootout the last couple of days down in Puerto Rico. They beat Northwestern in the first round but got beat yesterday by Vandy. I guess it was just too much brain power to compete against in two consecutive days. They are currently playing Central Florida in the third place game. I am being a dork and listening to the game on Tech's radio feed. Any of you guys seen any games this year??? If they make it to the OVC championship I will be there and I expect to see you all there wearing you Loonie gear as well.

I miss the days of old going to the Hoop and maning the corner down by the visitors bench. We verbally abused the opposing team but the great part was that it was not vulgar - an intellectual taunt hurts much more. I can't believe that we convinced Lee Wray to rent those white vans for the Loonie road trips. They even payed for gas... awesome!!! One of my greatest moments was driving back from Louisville with Andrew in the front and Squeek and the Gravedigger in the backseat. Squeek and Gravely were conversating like I had never heard them talk before. From politics to sports to who knows what else they chatted and chatted while Andrew and I just sat quietly driving. I hoped that they might be roommates someday although I think that never happened.

No comments: