Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Return to Citico Creek


Little did we know that this peaceful little campsite would turn into the longest night of our lives. I have so many vivid memories of this place. I remember not being able to start a fire until the bacon grease started melting. The temperature was 15 on my thermometer. Definitely the coldest night of my life. B was so pissed for such a long time. He had the most horrible faces. Didn't we sleep 4 or 5 across with somebody (Doug I think) sleeping perpendicular at our heads. Waking up that next morning was one of the greatest moments of my life...

5 comments:

JDL said...

I was the one sleeping across the top....also I was removing clothes through the night because my bag was so warm. Nunley wanted to kill me because he had wet his bed.

Aaron said...

Is anyone else out there??? or are you all on Christmas Break from the internet???

be said...

There were six people in that tent. I believe it was ten degrees at one point. It is the only time I have ever been sleeted on while trying to sleep. My easy cheese and tuna were frozen. Not even my permanent sweater could keep me warm that night. Of course I was pissed.

Aaron said...

You are right B. I didn't realize there were six of us until I looked back at the pics. I feel you pain for being the bread part of the human sandwich. I was the other end. I still love how Numbnuts put his frozen nalgiene in his bag later to realize that the lid was not on properly and he had essentially pissed in his bag.

The Nunley said...

Look the bottle was an accident......I still dream sometimes of killing you that night Justin