Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Landon and Justin Were Right

AMERICAN BADGER


Guys, go get a safety razor.  If you are using anything else, throw it away.  I decided to start shaving everyday again and when I remembered how expensive razor cartridges were, I went ahead and invested in:

  • a good safety razor (Merkur 34c HD)
  • some blades (Derby Extra)
  • a decent brush (Tweezerman badger brush)
  • huge bottle of aftershave (Pinaud)
  • alum stick (Razorock)
  • styptic gel (Proraso)
  • shaving cream (Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandlewood...arrives tomorrow)

Sounds like a lot to deal with, but really it isn't that bad.  It makes shaving something I look forward to every morning.  The reason I never shaved before is because my skin would turn red every time and would feel terrible all day.  Not anymore.  The safety razor simply cuts hair off of my face.  A single  blade, not 1 that cuts and 4 behind it that have nothing better to do than irritate me.


It may cost a little more up front, but I figure it pays for itself after a few months.  Like Landon said, the blades are cheap.  I bought a box of 100 for $8.00.  That will last me a year.  You'd spend at least $100.00 a year shaving everyday with a razor that uses cartridges.  You can even splurge a little and get some awesome shave cream to use with a badger brush.  It takes an almond-size dab of cream from a tub like Landon had to make a huge lathery monster on your face.  The aftershave makes you smell like a man.  Landon, I found the kind you had in a bigger bottle for the same price at Sally Beauty Supply.  Don't go to the one by my house though because there is a tranny working there.

When I am commissioner, there may be points for manliest shave routine.  It won't happen unless something happens to the Triforce though, so don't worry about it too much.

TL;DR version:
Go get a safety razor.


3 comments:

JDL said...

Welcome to Zion, Kevin. Glad to have you aboard

The Nunley said...

I am ordering the razor today! Where can you get blades and what is best shaving cream and after shave. Landon what did you have?

The Nunley said...

How is the shaving cream Kev?