Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Taking the Influence of Edna West

As most of you know, since the beginning of my family medicine residency I have wanted to do an extra year of training in sports medicine. In November I went on 10 interviews across the country at different programs and was very impressed by them all. Jenny and I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out where we wanted to go.

Today was match day and we found out that we got our first choice and will be moving to Los Angeles in late June. Starting July 1st, I will be a fellow on the sports medicine staff and helping to take care of the UCLA athletes. I will be on the sidelines of home football games in the Rose Bowl and I will have a few teams that will call me their team doc.

We are both quite excited about this adventure in our life next year but it is a little crazy too. I hope some of you all will come out to visit! It's going to be a little warmer to visit then Columbia, Mo. Anyone want to come to Cali learn to surf???

5 comments:

Kevin said...

West Side! Congratulations! This moves the acceptable WOM location radius out considerably. 2011 may be the WOM Dallas Edition.

The Nunley said...

I am soooo excited for you and I would love to come visit! Surfing would be awesome and a game at the Rose Bowl would be fantastic! You are the bomb A-Ron!

JDL said...

When I looked at this on my iPod, I thought it said "Influenza". That's awesome news. Congrats buddy. I bet you're stoked.

Brawny said...

That's awesome. Sports medicine in LA. What dates should I put on the calendar as my first trip?

Red said...

The Discombobulator takes it to LA. Sweet and congratulations, I'm excited for you guys.