Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Get your beards ready

  • Justin, we are expecting another mustache this year.
  • Adam, bring back that beast you had on your face last year because it was awesome.
  • Dr. Gray, yours was cool too. It seemed to say, "I'm a doctor so I need to look clean for work, but I won't hesitate to fight a small mountain lion."
  • Andrew, you should have no problem bringing back the spectacle you brought last year.
As for the rest of you:

  • Ross, step it up. I looked back at the pictures from last year and I'm pretty sure there is a beard in there wanting to grow.
  • Brandon, I would have expected more from you than you brought last year. You're probably the hairiest one of us, but you act like you're ashamed of it. Let your face do what you know in your heart is right.
  • Seth, you weren't there, but I have no doubt you'll bring some thunder.
  • And finally Landon, you completely shaved your beard last year. You've been given the gift of the Beard of Fire and you're throwing it all away. Gillete says "jump!", and all you can say is "how high?". Tsk Tsk.

As for me, I know I didn't bring my A-game last year. An unfortunate swipe of the clippers took a patch of beard away that I wasn't able to salvage. But I brought something. And this year, I'll try to bring even more. Possibly in a Greek style.
Here is what I have so far.  This was taken at my daily nap time a couple days ago:

Notice the lighter browns sweeping into burnt siennas and then into subtle auburn tones?  Pretty creepy huh?  Now get to it!

11 comments:

The Nunley said...

Started! I have a question for you men. What label should I use for the tshirt? I need to model after a beer label or other label. I need some good ideas.

Andrew said...

Google image search "Blue Moon Beer." "Golden Duke" in place of "Blue Moon". WOM5 or WOMV like last year, maybe.

JDL said...

I don't think I'll be bringing much to the table, but we'll see.

I talked to an Edna at State Farm today. I loved it, and asked her if she knew anything about the "history" of our previous residence.

Kevin said...

I found a database of beer labels here:
beer label database

Also if you can't find something, you may consider cigar bands since they usually have cool designs too:
cigar band museum

Another interesting type of labels is old matchboxes (not the cars). Here is a huge collection:
matchbox logos

Red said...

Last time I grew a beard (goatee, sorry) my boss ridiculed me. It was difficult, I'll see what I can do but the gift of the beard of fire has not really materialized. I was glad to find on the beer database the beer created for my father, "Black Douglas." Kev, great find!

Red said...

Black Douglas, I love it. My mission for WOMV is to bring a case of Black Douglas. Maybe I could bring the original Black Douglas, my Dad.

Kevin said...

OK, I may trim this thing way up. It is so annoying. My mustache is in my mouth.

JDL said...

sell out

Andrew said...

Trim the mustache, not the beard

JDL said...

Good point Andrew.
Get some Dapper Dan and style the 'stache.

or go Amish on it.

Andrew said...

If thy mustache offendeth thee, cut it off.

Your beard never hurt nobody.