Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009: A Space Odyssey

Well, here's the first post of 2009.

I've spent some time over the break (a yearly tradition) looking back over the old posts for days gone by. It was a worthwhile endeavor. You should all look into it. It was very similar to when Hezekiah (or some Old Testament king) had the books of the law read aloud to remind the people what was required of them.

On the surface, it may appear that 2008 was a down year for the blog. 2006 (our inaugural year produced 12 posts. 2007 was by far our most prolific year with 182 posts. In 2008 we managed 114 posts. But I'd like to say that 2008 was our best year so far. We've had babies born all over the place, job changes (Ross still waiting on that post), people moved. It's been a productive year.

So here's to you, fellow Edna Bloggers. Here's to you, 2009!


Now on to family business, WOM V. When and Where? Adam, any word from gramps about renovations? Aaron, are the first two weekends in March still your best bet?

Discuss.

9 comments:

RD said...

Andrew,
As always you are right. I owe the blog a post about the new job. 6 weeks in and I think I can give an outline of what I do.

However, I feel the plans for WOM take precedence over this. With that in mind I'm going to let this post serve that purpose. Once enough feedback/discussion/ranting/raving has been done about WOM the new job post will soon follow.

Sincerely,
RD

Kevin said...

let it simmer

I like the idea of the first weekend in March. One reason is that it will be perfect Manlympics weather. Also, because March is named after Mars, the Roman god of war. It's the most manliest time of the year.

JDL said...

Those weekend works for me, as far as I know.

Was I the only one hoping for the Jonas Brothers to fall off the stage on ABC's New Years coverage?

The Nunley said...

I can't do the first weekend in March. We will be out of town...but the second weekend works for me.

Red said...

I prefer the second weekend. Come on with the post Ross.

Kevin said...

I wanted them to fall off too. They sounded horrible.

Brawny said...

What's wrong with the Jonas Bros? That's a creep profile pic, Kev. If that demon possessed old man can play real drums, why can't I play RockBand drums?

Kevin said...

That's Fred from Kentucky Headhunters B! Let's all goooooo......down to Dumas Walker's.

JDL said...

Kevin, thanks for clearing up those lyrics.

I always thought it said "Do Mrs. Walker"