Friday, August 8, 2008

0-3



So I have been playing flag football in the Nashville Sports League. Last week we were out throwing the ball around before the game when the other team walks onto the field about 15 minutes to game time. "Who takes flag football so serious?" I asked myself when the team with their matching jerseys started to pull out their own personal flags. My laughter soon turned to fear when I noticed the words "MEAN MACHINE" were written on the flags. Sure enough I looked up and it was the same guys who beat teh S#*@ out of us 5 years ago.

After a few minutes of sucking my thumb on the bleachers I looked at my crooked finger and thought, "these guys are ancient, this is my chance for revenge." Well, the game started with the quarterback throwing out numbers just like old times and in three plays they had taken the ball down the field for a touchdown. Our only decent play was when I was rushing and the quarterback rolled behind the running back whose hands were behind his back (I was all over that since they took it from the Headhunter playbook).

Well, vengeance didn't happen this time but I figure when I am 43 (the age of their quarterback) those guys will be pushing 60 and they don't have a chance.

9 comments:

RD said...

Awesome B.

I was going to make a post about the Olympics starting tonight, but I don't want to just casually move over this momentous post.

Nice picture too.

JDL said...

Mean Machine stole our play?!?!

What a great honor and privilege to have our play in "their playbook".

Was Warren "I wish I was black, but since I am a redhead, I can never be black" still the center?

Andrew said...

If you would have listened really good you could have figured out what the QB was saying.

And then Adam would have cussed you out.

Kevin said...

B, you're growing up.

JDL said...

I require more weekend activity on the blog.

Andrew,
9 months of inactivity on the Red River Rules. I expect better from a Golden Duke winner. That's all I'll say on the matter.

The Nunley said...

B that is incredible. What a great story! I will cuss anyone who says they can listen and figure out what they are saying! IMPOSSIBLE! Great first Post.

Brawny said...

Actually Warren plays for another team. At least I'll be able to say I have beaten one guy what has claim to have played for the Mean Machine.

Andrew said...

Aaron and Justin, I have updated the Stacy blog.

Enjoy.

Aaron said...

Is anyone else blogging that we need to know about? Let me know and I will add a cool link up in the right hand corner