Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Fall of Man

I brought this up a while back, but now I'm putting it into blog form so it is official.

Is anyone interested in getting together in the Fall? I'm thinking this would be more of a thing were everyone met in Hendersonville and spent the weekend, with wifes, children, and maybe girlfriends (if they aren't in Europe) and making it really casual. Just a time to catch up.

Possible dates: I'll go ahead and suggest November 10th or 17th. I know that is close to Thanksgiving and might not work if people have to travel then too. Maybe some time in late October?

I think the biggest issues to think about is Aaron's schedule since everyone else would have most weekends off. So Aaron, let us know if this is even possible at this point in your medical life. Also, Nunley's football schedule. I don't know what your games, practices, or tournament are like then.

Also, kids will be an issue. There's a good chance Kandice could be giving birth around that time. Not that I know her current pregnancy status, but with Landon's virility it is a safe bet she will be in one of the three trimesters.

Another thing, we would need a home open to have everyone over to meet and possible crash at. The Staceys were nice enough to do that and may be able to buy a summer house in H'ville if Andrew uses his life lines the right way and the million dollar question is "What was the name of the trick play in The Little Giants?"
But if that doesn't happen, that really leaves Adam's or Kevin's house as the spot to meet. You guys need to think about what you are comfortable doing.

Those are a few thoughts to comment about. If someone could send some smoke signals to Seth and communicate this to him that would be good. Also, the next time someones sees B, punch him in the arm and let him know too.

This might not happen, I just thought it was a good idea.

23 comments:

JDL said...

The Annexation of Puerto Rico. Where's my check?

JDL said...

Ross, I would be interested.

Our dogs can all meet too, and I apologize in advance if Maybel eats one.

We will have an open room at our apartment if we need to split up. Or we could all stay in the Stacy Solarium at Kev's house.

Kevin said...

The Stacy Solarium won't exist until late February when they get our house done. There are no guarantees with Carmen and I this fall since we don't know if we'll be living with my parents or not. All we know is we are constantly busy.

Red said...

Ross,

I too think this is a noble idea. As to my wife's trimesters, I cannot say where she will be, but looking over our family's 10 year plan, those weekends may end up being conception weekends requiring a separate bedroom, towels, and a large box fan. I'll talk with Kandice.

The Nunley said...

The Nunley's weekend are pretty packed from here till Christmas. I think we could host it but I must check with my wife first. We are having trouble getting our new wireless to work at home. So I probably will not know till tomorrow. By the way we won last night! 12-0 over PMS eat it Babbs! We ran a package with our best running back at QB in the shotgun. Like wildcat by Arkansas, but we call it Razorback. It was the first offensive points in 4 games. The past 3 games our defense has only given up 14 points. Defense wins championships!

UNtil THen,

JDL said...

When I saw a score of 12-0, I was hoping for 6 safeties. But, I was let down.

Nun,
You need help setting up a wireless router?

The Nunley said...

yes

JDL said...

Call me, I can help you.

The Nunley said...

I will this afternoon. Really UNtil THen

RD said...

Babbs does not appreciate being mocked when her school loses. No, she does not like it one bit. Look for a change purse coming at your head in the next day or two.

Andrew said...

So I take it that since a discussion of an Autumn get together has eroded to motherly threats with change purses, that this might be too dificult a challenge to undertake.

It will make our visit to Adam's step-grandfather-in-law's cabin, all the more sweeter.

Adam, you can take that as a cue to make sure we can still use that cabin come next Feb/March/April-ish.

Andrew said...

BTW, if we can do this, however, the Stacys are in.

Sorry, my last post sounded as if I were nixing this whole thing.

Kevin said...

Yeah Nunley, don't even ask me about setting up a wireless connection. I'm just the only one here that earns a living doing that very sort of thing. Let the guys in sales help you.

JDL said...

Maybe you should read the blog more, or offer up your knowledge. Instead you sit there in your chair, scoffing at those who need help. One day, wireless routers will be flowing like the salmon of Capistrano. But until that day, I am proud to assist those less fortunate than me. Your day will come, and there will likely be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

RD said...

So anyone have some dates that will and won't work in the next couple of months?

Just checking.

JDL said...

The blog stopped working for me after I posted a comment. I almost unched my monitor. I love this thing too much. It's an idol.

JDL said...

The last weekend in October is out for us, we're getting the dog that weekend I believe. Wide open other than that.

Aaron said...

i love the new counter. i wish i had my own personal counter that told me how many times i check from work each day.

The Nunley said...

Guys I am not Superstitious, I am just a littlestitious.

Proud Supporter of Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Race For The Cure,

Nunley

JDL said...

Meredith was bitten by a raccoon and a squirrel, each on separate occasions. Does she own a petting zoo?

JDL said...

I'm visitor #420. Smoke it up!

JDL said...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7384491391107965408&postID=6632657185080831180

Katie and I just got our first outside reader. Strange, and somehow cool.

JDL said...

Well, the link has been cut off. its on our blog, latest comment.