Sunday, August 19, 2007

Working on that Title


Men,
I know I have been absent from this blog for a little while, but it is football season. Above is a pic of my daily afternoon. I know we don't get serious to often on this super tight blog. I just wanted to ask for your prayers. I am having a real hard time with work and I am some what depressed b/c of it. This year I got another prep (World History). I was told about it the day before school started. I am doing my best but with my planning period taken by football and 2 other preps, well it just sucks. I feel as though God is trying to teach me something, but right now I can't see it and it is very frustrating. So I ask just for your prayers for guidance and direction.

On a better note, my wife got a job as a social worker in the school system! Also if any of you want to start a business I am in. Football is good though and we have a very descent team this year. Thank You for your prayers.

UNtil Then,
Nunley

12 comments:

The Nunley said...

Landon,
I am sorry I haven't called you back but we are not finished and should finish this week.

UNtil Then

Andrew said...

DECENT!!!

Andrew said...

Sorry, Adam.

The Nunley said...

Thanks Andrew, but why haven't you returned my call.
UNtil Then

The Nunley said...

Descent was on purpose!!!

JDL said...

No one has even called me, probably because I am a newlywed.

Nunley,
I'm sorry to hear that. I happens to my mom all the time, and it stinks that teachers get the shaft like that. But good will come out of it.

Congrats on your wife's new job though, at least that is a welcome change.

Love you brothers.

RD said...

Nunley,

Sorry to hear all that is going on. Coming from the husband of a teacher/head coach, I know how busy you are and echo what JD said about teachers.

Just know you are doing good things with those kids. I can say that because I know you and know you are a great roll model for your students and players to look up to.

Congrats to Elizabeth, that's some good news for you. Know we are all thinking about you.

RD

P.S. Possible business idea:

Car Wash: Not one of those wimpy do-it-yourself ones, but one where we are out there washing the cars ourselves. Should be a hit with the ladies. Brandon will be in charge of lifting the car to get the undercarriage.

Uniform: Cut off blue jean shorts and suds.

Think about it.

JDL said...

Ross,
Why you chose a life of #'s is beyond me. You have a gift of creativity. Are there any paying positions for blog commenters?

Andrew said...

Undercarriage.

heh.

Andrew said...

And furthemore,

100 gold pieces to the man who can successfully get Brandon to make an appearance on this blog.

RD said...

I thought Brandon was too busy remodeling downtown Nashville.

Besides we all know he doesn't lower himself to such adolescent activity like "blogging".


To Andrew:
I'm glad someone made a reference to me using the word "undercarriage".

To JD: I've tried brother, believe me, I've tried.

P.S. Andrew can attest to this event. We were playing the game Catchphrase with a bunch of ECS teachers and one of them was trying to describe the word given to him, here are his words:
"OK, something that isn't going anywhere, something no one wants to do. (Points to me) you know, what you do.:

The catch phrase: Dead End Job.

Classic.

Kevin said...

We'll pray for you Nunley. And congratulations to Elizabeth. Maybe she got that job so that you don't have to teach at all and instead can go coach for the Titans or something. You never know. Your moustaches are way better than Fisher's anyday.

And by the way, it is against the law for any business to refuse to give you an application for employment should you ask. I don't know if that applies to something like the NFL, but again...you never know until you try.