Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Saddle up your horses...

When Skipper "D" Denney heard that his first born son, Ross, would be in Memphis, alone, without one of us to keep an eye on him, he called me up. He said, "Andrew, I need you to move to Memphis to watch after my only son." I reminded him that he had two sons, but this only made him start crying harder. I told him I would go.

I have accepted a teaching position at Evangelical Christian School (Alexis' school) in Cordova, TN. So here we go.

Other than college, this is the only home I've ever known, so as you can imagine this has been a pretty tough decision all the way around. Family, friends, church, etc, etc.

We put our house on the market yesterday and we need it to sell FAST! We have to be in Cordova by August 1, and there is no way we could pay mortgage and rent. So if you could be in prayer about that. So if anyone is looking for a home send them our way.

5 comments:

RD said...

Andrew, thank you for listening to Skipper D, there will be tears of joy flowing like the mighty Mississippi River, which you will soon be living close to.

As Aaron leaves Memphis, Andrew arrives, thus keeping the balance. Much like how Chuck Norris was trained by Bruce Lee, who was trained by a time traveling Chuck Norris, thus completing the circle.

JDL said...

You should have bought Aaron's house. That would have completed the circle outside the smaller circle.

Ross, your dad called me on Saturday about my wedding gift. I could barely make out the message, what with all the sobbing.

RD said...

Justin, my father loves all my friends, but he holds a special place in his heart for the men in my wedding, not a single trip to H'ville goes by without him asking about Andrew and yourself.

I think he holds you partially responsible for being apart of the ceremony that took me across the state to Memphis. So those tears are covering a mountain of rage.

JDL said...

Andy,
Don't become Evangelical. My heart couldn't handle that.

JDL said...

Ross,
I just spoke with the Skipper. He sends his love. I called to talk about meeting to get our wedding gift, and I almost ended up buying some shirts. What a great salesman.

He tells me you were at the Indy 500. did you see Ashley Judd?