Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Where are they now...


I was doing some research for the upcoming fantasy baseball season when I stumbled across a news blurb about Bubbie Buzachero. I was like whoa, wait a second, that sounds familiar. I had to look at his profile to make sure and sho nuff it was him, the former Golden Eagle. Which hot girl at Tech did he used to date??? I can't remember...
Well anyway, he is now a pitcher in the Cleveland Indians organization. I think he was in AA last year. (Two steps below the bigs.) Upon reading his little news blurb two crazy things jumped out.
1) Here was the opening line from the first player news - Bubbie Buzachero worked 2 2/3 scoreless innings for a save in Puerto Rico's 6-3 win over Venezuela on Saturday night. He's latino??????
I never knew. No wonder he got the hot chicks. He is playing with people like Juan Gonzalez, Alex Rios and other Latin All-stars. Craziness.
2) Now the bad (or funny) . His second news blurb...

Sep. 8, 2006 - 7:00 a.m. ET
Minor league reliever Bubbie Buzachero's future in the Indians' organization is cloudy because of a reported altercation with a teammate.
According to a report, Buzachero got into a fight Sunday that left teammate and Eastern League All-Star second baseman Eider Torres with a broken jaw, forcing Torres to miss the playoffs. "No final decision has been made on Bubbie’s future," Cleveland farm director John Farrell said. "He is the on restricted list because of behavior that we absolutely do not condone." Buzachero, who landed in the Indian organization in the Brian Tallet deal, had a very good year, going 8-3, 2.72 for Akron.
That a boy. Don't let them make fun of your southern accent!

5 comments:

RD said...

To answer your questions about who Bubbie dated, it was Bryn Sanders. I confirmed this with my wife.

That is crazy. Bubbie beat up an All-Star. That's a story to tell his trailer park grandkids someday.

Aaron said...

Does anybody else have anything interesting or uninteresting going on with them??? I check this blog to many times each day to not find any new content...

Aaron said...

OH, and I think that bubbie is not latino...you can be of the European race and still participate in the carribean world series...it is a collection of players from various winter baseball leagues.

Aaron said...

RD - go to your profile to add a little cute picture beside your name.

JDL said...

I was on the fence if he was Latino. He always kinda slept through class. I never knew if that was from Hard Work on a construction crew or the aforementioned Bryn Sanders. Hiiooo!

Also, Katie and I got stood up on our first pre-marital counseling session. Is that bad?!?!