Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dell or HP?




Men, The Hawkins Commandos are entering the 21st century and we need your help. We are going to purchase a computer with the capabilities to burn our games to a DVD and then do little things with Office. So I have got some prices and they are very different. Both of the computers are very similar and come with a monitor.

Dell E521 with a 3 year service plan has AMD 64 3200+, 1 GB, 250 Hard Drive, DVD Burner, 256 NVidia GE force 7300, Ethernet all for 853.33 including tax.

HP Pavilion S7700n Slimline has a AMD 64 X2 3800+, same ram and hard drive, Lightscribe DVD burner (which writes on the DVD), wireless internet, nVidia GeForce 6150 LE, and limited on year warranty at 939.53 with 250 in rebates.

Please let me know you opinion and vote. And Kevin if you want to build Hawkins one we will pay. Until Then

6 comments:

Aaron said...

NUNLEY!!! Welcome to cyberspace!!! Let me be the first to congratulate you on consumating your blogging experience. Hopefully it didn't take you this long to do the same to your marriage...

I have to say Dell, better products, price, and customer service. I love my desktop...

any thoughts on office tonight?? lots of classic one liners. i loved the ivory tower and the ebony tower.

Aaron said...

Can we get a copy of Master-beta Dase on the web so I can link to it from the blog???

How many days to Red Alert 4 comes out???

The Nunley said...

Tell me how to get it out there and I will find it.

The Nunley said...

Oh and By the way Aaron, the only reason I couldn't post is b/c you never invited me and thank you for welcoming me. Until THen

RD said...

Concerning the comp situation:
Gotta get a Dell. The only reason you need is the fact that our brother JD works there and will be married soon. He needs you to buy from Dell, which will help it's sales and profit, thereby making them look stronger in the market, thereby helping to raise the stock price, which I'm sure Justin is investing in.

The Office:
Great show last night. In all seriousness I thought when Michael talked to Pam about her paintings that was a really great scene.
But on the lighter side, the whole Jim being a vamp was great. I hate Roy and wish he was dead. There I said it and feel better for it.

Man's Weekend:
I know this was discussed some on the last post, but I think we would all be honored if Landon "Super Sperm" Vick would head up the show. Just my thoughts. And I'm down for whichever meal, let me know.

JDL said...

Nunley,
Let me say this. We stopped doing rebates because it was a HUGE hassle, and most people never got them back, or didn't send them in on time. I'm sure either would be fine for what you plan on doing with it.

Just think about the time I spent a few days working up a Dell quote for you and then you bought a MAC and then you couldn't post on the blog for a year or so.

Seriously though, I'm not one of those guys that thinks Dell is the greatest computer maker in the history of cmputer workers. I'll let you talk to Kevin Kingsbury. He and I are business partners and he has been very pleased with the products he has bought from Dell, and the service he got from me. (both computer and.....you know)

I loved the Office last night.
Jim: This Bread is WHITE HOT!
Karen: No, Jim. This bread is COLD!

I also hate Roy and wish he was dead. I also loved the Michael/Pam scene. He truly loves Dunder Mifflin.